Monday, July 16, 2007

Filipino music from the band ASIN

Last Saturday I left the office at 6:30pm and will be waiting for Tita and Kuya to fetch me. I went to the YAMAHA showroom just to pass time waiting for them. When I entered I heard a Filipino man playing a guitar excellently. Then they left after he found out that he don’t like the quality of the one that he is playing. I decided to stay in the showroom and afterwards left also. As I waited for my friends I talked to that guy and found out that he is a Manager of the once famous band in the Philippines, the ASIN. He told me that he is planning a concert for the band here in Dubai by after Ramadan season. He asked questions about likes of the Filipinos here to watch concerts and so on. We are talking to much and then realized that we still don’t have the name of each other. I learned that his name is Boy. Then say our goodbyes.

After that talked… I remembered that band that he is managing. Asin is such a great band as far as I can remember. They sung the famous “Masdan Mo ang Kapaligiran” that is really very true nowadays. Their songs are very inspiring and are full Tagalog songs. They sung one time in our baranggay fiesta as our special guest in the festival. I miss listening to the Filipino songs and reflect on each lyric.

Now I’m thinking if the Filipino youth today still recognized this band? It’s very sad to know that a band like them is now loosing space in the industry. Inspiring songs and good melody. Hope I can share songs like the songs of ASIN to my children and somehow teach them important lessons from it. I will try to watch and support the concert if it will be going to be pronounced. Good Luck Kuya Boy and good luck to ASIN.
You can take a look on their website and see what's new and old with them http://www.asinpilipinas.com/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.